In this series we are talking about the power and fullness of life that comes through the Holy Spirit, the third person in the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is often described in the Bible as a powerful and uncontrollable wind. He is the ultimate life-giver who wants to breathe into our lives in a fresh way today if we let Him.
- What is the most powerful windstorm you have ever been in? Have you ever been in a hurricane, around a tornado, or something else? Describe the experience with the group.
- What have you previously heard, been taught, or seen practiced about the filling of the Holy Spirit? Did Blake share anything that changed or confirmed your previous thinking?
- What is the difference between being sealed by the Spirit and being filled with the Spirit?
- Why do you think Paul connects the concept of being drunk with the idea of being filled with the Spirit? How does it help us understand what it means to be filled?
- Blake shared how being filled with the Spirit is a passive command. How is it possible to obey a passive command where something is done to you? What does it look like to obey the command, “Be filled with the Spirit”?
- When was the last time you saw God’s Spirit at work or in you in a clear or unmistakable way? Share with the group.
- Is it a struggle for you to give over complete control of your life to God? What is holding you back?
- In Ephesians 5, we see that a Spirit-filled community is engaged in heart-felt worship. Share about a time where you experienced a particularly powerful or meaningful time of worship.
- Have there been seasons where your heart struggled to engage in worship? Is it right now? Share about that journey.