2gether for Kids 2018 (Legacy & En Español)
Our SchoolZone Store began out of relationship that Chase Oaks has established with our partner, Mendenhall Elementary. We wanted to provide a place for families with kids in need to shop for their own backpacks and school supplies at an affordable price. Shopping for their own supplies brings dignity to charity and gives ownership back to the families to provide school supplies for their kids.
At SchoolZone, families can purchase all the supplies they will need for the upcoming school year along with a backpack for just $5. This experience would not be possible without the generous donations from Chase Oakers. In previous years, Chase Oakers have donated enough school supplies to provide not only for Mendenhall families, but also for many other local schools and teachers! This year, we have invited children from our partners—Agape Resource & Assistance Center, Family Promise, and Shiloh Place—to shop at SchoolZone as well.
Join us to make a difference!
School Supply Drop-Off: July 20/22 and 27/30
SchoolZone Store at the Family Center: August 1-4
Ways to Participate
There are four different ways that you, your family, LifeGroup, coworkers, teammates, friends or neighbors can assist with 2gether for Kids.
- Purchase one or more backpacks and fill each with the required supplies for the grade level that you choose. Please label each backpack with the grade level selected.
- Supply list will be available soon!
- Purchase any amount of miscellaneous supplies from the list. Example: pencils, crayons, scissors, hand wipes, watercolors, etc.
- Purchase supplies for our school teachers who often buy extra supplies from their own personal funds. Teacher Supply List: Expo Markers, Clorox Wipes, Card Stock, Hand Sanitizer, Kleenex, Paper Clips, Post-It Notes, Push Pins, Staples, Stickers, Binder Clips, and Colored Pens.
- Volunteer to serve at the SchoolZone Store, August 1-4 at the Chase Oaks Family Center. Sign-ups will be available July 1.